- The Pearcey Report, a website of news, comment, information, and worldview, has launched. Nancy Pearcey is editor-at-large. Read the press release. (October 21, 2005)
- The Total Truth Study Guide Edition is now available. This revised edition is full of fresh stories, examples, and illustrations and features a 31-page study guide based on questions and comments raised by readers of the book. (September 6, 2005)
- Total Truth has won an ECPA Gold Medallion Award, the Christian publishing industry’s most prestigious honor, in the Christianity & Society category. Read the press release.
- Total Truth received an Award of Merit in Christianity Today’s Book Awards 2005.
- Washington Times quotes Nancy Pearcey in L’Abri Anniversary Story: Reporter Julia Duin interviewed Nancy Pearcey on the occasion of L’Abri Fellowship’s 50th anniversary and its Jubilee conference held in St. Louis March 11-13. “L’Abri was the only place I could find people who could show Christianity is really true and that it can stand up to the challenges of the academic world,” says Nancy at the conclusion of the article published Friday, March 11, 2005. For more, see “L’Abri to Mark Anniversary.”
- Google Print: You can now browse and search the text of Total Truth with Google Print.
- National Public Radio: Nancy Pearcey appeared on WNYC (New York Public Radio) March 2, 2005, to assert the proper role of Christianity in public life, including education and government. She argued, among other things, that free-thinkers ought to agree that students need objective teaching about Christianity in the public schools, if only to be able to think more critically about secularism. Contrary to what some secularists hold, more education, not less, is needed. For more information, see “Thou Shalt Not Mess with the Establishment Clause,” on the Brian Lehrer Show.
- C-SPAN 2 recently featured Nancy Pearcey and her presentation “Total Truth: The 2004 Presidential Election” on Book TV. The program featured a lecture filmed in the heart of Red State America outside Atlanta, Ga., before an audience of “values-voters” in a Christian bookstore.
- The Heritage Foundation lecture: “Best-selling author and worldview thinker Nancy Pearcey blasted a cultural-political home-run out of the ballpark in her presentation at the Heritage Foundation last week (Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2004).” Read the transcript of her talk.
- David Limbaugh endorses Total Truth on his web site: “Pearcey is a scholar, an intellectual, a brilliant writer, and she has an uncanny ability to explain profound ideas in a way that is accessible—and helpful—to regular people.”
- L’Abri Fellowship recommends Total Truth: “Read Nancy Pearcey’s new book from Crossway, Total Truth,” says L'Abri Fellowship (Rochester branch). “This is a book you will want to add to your library, for she shows how relevant and incisive the books of Francis Schaeffer are today.” Nancy met her husband Rick at L'Abri in Switzerland.
- Focus on the Family’s webzine Boundless calls Total Truth “an outstanding new book.”
- Radio ads for Total Truth have been running recently, with personal endorsements by:
- David Limbaugh, syndicated columnist and author (and yes, Rush’s brother) (Listen | Longer version)
- Phillip Johnson, leader of the Intelligent Design movement (Listen | Longer version)
- Becky Norton Dunlop, VP of the Heritage Foundation (Listen | Longer version)
About the NEW Study Guide Edition
A great resource for Sunday School classes and study groups!
The Study Guide Edition of Total Truth includes significant new content—fresh stories, examples, and illustrations to help readers apply the book's themes. It also interacts with questions raised by readers, so there is real dialogue with the author. When Nancy Pearcey “road-tested” the material with her own students, they said it enhanced their reading of the book by 100 percent.
The expanded study guide edition is the same price as the original book. It is being used by churches, schools, and study groups around the country—even by reading groups among Capitol Hill staffers. It is an outstanding tool to help you dig deeper into the text and be equipped with a Christian worldview.
About the Book
Does God belong in the public arena of politics, business, law, and education? Or is religion a private matter only—personally comforting but publicly irrelevant?
In today’s cultural etiquette, it is not considered polite to mix public and private, or sacred and secular. This division is the single most potent force keeping Christianity contained in the private sphere—stripping it of its power to challenge and redeem the whole of culture.
In Total Truth, Nancy Pearcey offers a razor-sharp analysis of the public/private split, explaining how it hamstrings our efforts at both personal and cultural renewal. Ultimately it reflects a division in the concept of truth itself, which functions as a gatekeeper, ruling Christian principles out of bounds in the public arena.
How can we unify our fragmented lives and recover spiritual power? With examples from the lives of real people, past and present, Pearcey teaches readers how to liberate Christianity from its cultural captivity. She walks readers through practical, hands-on steps for crafting a full-orbed Christian worldview.
Finally, she makes a passionate case that Christianity is not just religious truth but truth about total reality. It is total truth.
Nancy R. Pearcey
Nancy is the Francis A. Schaeffer Scholar at the World Journalism Institute, where Total Truth serves as the basis for a worldview curriculum. More
Buy the Book
Order Total Truth directly from the Publisher for $25.00. Order Now.